Home Brecon Cathedral Donate 200 Club

200 Club

Logo_Medium.jpg

Welcome to Brecon Cathedral’s 200 CLUB – a great way for you to support the work of the Cathedral whilst having a bit of a flutter! Here’s how it works…

You complete and sign the attached membership form and pay the fee either by cash, cheque, or by filling in the Standing Order form below.

This buys you one membership number (we will allocate), which enters you into the twice yearly draw. All participants must be over 16.

The draw will take place on the first Sunday in June and the first Sunday in December before or after the 11:00am Service. Think of the prize as holiday money or money for Christmas!

If you win, and you are here on the day, a cheque will be given to you. If you cannot make it to the service, we will post it to your home address.

Each number costs £48.00 a year. Payment of £48.00 can be made by cheque or cash, or you can spread payment over two instalments of £24.00 a year by Standing Order. For that, you get entered into two draws. Assuming 200 people join, the first prize in each draw will be £1,000, the second prize in each draw will be £500, and the third prize each draw will be £200. That’s a 1 in a 100 chance of winning £1,000 during the year. If we have below 200 members, we will still have a draw but the prizes will be proportional to the members we have and therefore lower. But the odds of winning will be greater.

The prize money will be 36% of the membership fee taken. The remaining 64% goes to the Cathedral.

Mike Williams will administer the scheme on behalf of the Dean and Chapter of Brecon Cathedral and any queries should be directed to him.

You can download a membership application here.

Rules

  1. For a cost of 48.00 per year (payable in full by cheque or cash or in two six-monthly instalments of £24.00 by Standing Order) you will be allocated one number between 1 and 200.
  2. A draw will be made twice a year with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize.
  3. The prizes will total 36% of the annual income (calculated for each draw by multiplying the number of current members by £24.00).
  4. This will be apportioned as: 1st prize of 10%, 2nd prize of 5%, and 3rd prize of 2% of the total takings.
  5. The 200 Club is a private lottery and is open to all members, supporters, or friends of Brecon Cathedral. Anyone age 16 or over can join.
  6. Payments must be made by cash, cheque, or by standing order.
  7. Member’s numbers will only be entered if their subscription is up to date.
  8. If a member has no valid reason for missing a payment, their number may be sold to someone on the reserve list.
  9. The draws will be made on the first Sunday in June and the first Sunday in December as part of the 11:00am Service.
  10. The winning cheque will be given out or posted to the address on your membership application within one week of the draw.
  11. The name and numbers for each draw’s winners will be available.
  12. The 200 Club will be run by the Dean and Chapter of Brecon Cathedral. In case of any dispute the decision of the Dean and Chapter of Brecon Cathedral is final.
  13. Unless otherwise advised, a member will be deemed to have left the 200 Club if his/her subscription renewal remains unpaid for a period of one month.
  14. If a winner cannot be contacted, the winnings will be placed into Cathedral funds after six months.

Dr Mike Alun Williams (“Promoter”) of Brecon Cathedral, The Cathedral Office, The Cathedral Close, Brecon, LD3 9DP is promoting this small society lottery on behalf of the Dean and Chapter of Brecon Cathedral.

The 200 Club is licensed by Powys County Council and operates under the Small Lotteries Regulations 2007.

The Dean and Chapter of Brecon Cathedral is a registered charity. No.: 1160017.