This year’s ordinations service will take place at Brecon Cathedral this Saturday.
This year’s ordinands include seven deacons to be ordained priest and one deacon to be ordained for the first time.
Bishop John said: “From the perspective of the Bishop, presiding at the annual service of ordination is probably one of the most significant and important occasions in the diary.
“This is not because it’s a grand occasion, with a full cathedral and high-quality music and liturgy, but because it always focuses one’s mind on the call to ordained ministry.
“This year’s ‘crop’ of ordinands is both rich and varied in terms of their life-experiences, church backgrounds and age. There is a good mix of stipendiary, non-stipendiary, male and female, all demonstrating that ordained ministry is not a narrowly restricted category, but a broad and still broadening one.”
Those being ordained are:
- Justin Davies – (Bishopston / Gower Ministry Area)
- Ian Folks (Central Swansea and Ministry Area)
- Hywel Griffiths – (Clydach and Cwmtawe2gether Ministry Area) (Llwynderw from July 1)
- Nigel King – (Three Cliffs / Gower Ministry Area)
- David Martin – (Clydach and Cwmtawe2gether Ministry Area)
- Anthony Porter (Llangyfelach and from July 1 Morriston / Cwmtawe 3 Ministry Area)
- Lance Sharpe (ABM Managing Hospital Chaplain / Morriston NSM)
- Rachael Storer – (Gwastedyn / West Radnor Ministry Area) (Ithon Valley from July 1)
- Bronwyn Curnow (Glan Ithon / West Radnor Ministry Area)
The service will begin at 2.30pm.