Bishop John will be chairing the Welsh Centre for International Affairs/Church in Wales’ election hustings at St Mary’s Church, Swansea later this month.
The International Hustings for Wales event will give people an opportunity to question candidates about a range of key international issues.
Topics on the agenda include:
- International development and the 0.7% aid spending commitment
- Foreign policy and defence
- Supporting asylum seekers and refugees
- Action on climate change and sustainable development
- UK government spending on Global Learning
- Justice in international trade and taxation
Although this event doesn’t aim to cover Brexit in detail, EU relations will provide an important backdrop for many of the above issues.
Entry to the event, which takes place on May 31 from 6.30pm-8pm, is free and everyone is welcome to attend.